- Club News
- Club Kit
- Sunday Rides
- Regular Rides
- One Day Classics
- Cycling Tours
- TORC Sunday Rides
- Social Events
- Skills & Training
An organised day classic from Turramurra Cyclery to Pokolbin including transport back to Turramurra.
Date: 20th August 2017.
Distance: 165.3 kilometres.
Turramurra Cyclery is putting up this event and sponsoring the support required for the ride. Riders briefing at 6.55am then ride starts at 7am sharp from the rear of Turramurra Cyclery.
There are 2 groups: Numbers Depending
A – average speed >33kmph
B – average speed 28-30kmph
- Both groups roll out together from the bike shop to Pie in the Sky at a moderate pace.
- The B group ridemaster stays at the rear of the Peloton to make sure everyone stays in the peloton.
- This is a great opportunity for everyone to meet someone new in a different group.
- It is also a great way to learn from the A group on how a Peloton should work.
- The Peloton is split into a A and B groups whilst regrouping at the top of the Mtb White climb.
- A good beer is a tradition at the pub with lunch at the finish of the ride.
- The bus home departs at 2pm for Harrigans Pub
This ride is fully supported
Choose your group wisely...
The A group will be a tempo ride to Broke. From Broke it might be a race to lunch at Harrigans in Pokolbin.
The B group will start with the A group and depending on the group will split when needed. Why Start with the A group? To get a free lift up the road for the long ride!
$20. This will go towards the costs to hire the bus. The rest will be subsidised by the club/Turramurra Cyclery.
Please register by 10th August 2017. We will need a minimum of 20 members signed up and register for the event. If we fall short of the minimum number, we will refund/reschedule the event to another time.
What to Bring
Bring a spare tube and pump. Also you can bring some food and water, just in case you run out of steam, and that's not pleasant!
Money for lunch and a change of clothes for the bus ride home.
If you are driving, please park under the shopping centre.
If it's raining it's still on.
If you are not a member of Peloton Sports (or other Cycling Australia affiliated club) and would like to participate in this ride then you will need to join our club. Joining the club can be done at Turramurra Cyclery. The cost will vary depending on if you get a racing licence (or not) and also your age. Cycling is a dangerous sport and can result in serious injury or even death, if you don’t currently have a Cycling Australia licence you are uninsured and you are riding at your OWN RISK, and will be responsible for your own losses and any damage that you might cause.